CINI’s immediate response
Child in Need Institute (CINI), a national level NGO working in the domains of Health, nutrition, Education, Protection and Adolescent issues towards the holistic development of children and building Child Friendly Communities have responded to the situation, both in-house and in the community (rural and urban) that the Institute works in.
- On 16th March 2020, CINI had an emergency meeting where safety protocols were discussed and an advisory went from the office of the Chief of Operations (COO) to all CINI Units. FAQs on Corona Virus published by Govt. of West Bengal (Health and Family Welfare Dept.) were also sent to the units.
- On 19th March 2020, another advisory was issued by the COO, where timing of office closure was changed from 5:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- On 20th March 2020, the 3rd advisory from the COO, CINI insisted everyone to work from home for the week starting 23-03-2020 and to avoid using public vehicle.
- On 23rd March 2020, the 4th Advisory came out from COO, CINI, that stated: the Essential Services as earmarked by the Government and as run by CINI, like Child Care Institutions (Boys’ & Girls’), Open Shelters, CHILDLINE service, the Thursday Clinic of CINI would continue even during the lockdown period
- Launched an online campaign seeking support from individuals to join hands of CINI
- CINI started approaching its support group members in Holland, Italy, Australia, USA and many Indian and International donors to support CINI in reaching out the needy population with dry ration and other essentials to complement the government’s efforts.